Rules & FAQs
All of our competitions are now online entry in advanced via our website- visit our Show Jumping Dates page and click on the date you would like to enter.
Entries on the day may be accepted subject to availability and will incur a £2 surcharge. You can find our general Show Jumping Rules below. For further information and for affiliated competitions search on the British Show Jumping Website.
- This competition will be run in accordance with BSJA Rules
- All classes will be run as a BSJA Single Phase Competition, a course in two parts with second part timed. All will jump against the clock immediately after their first round, even with faults unless eliminated. Exception to BSJA rules is that it is 3 refusals for elimination. Winner is the rider with the fewest (or zero) faults with the fastest time in the second section
- The organisers & landowners do not accept any liability for damage, accident, injury or illness to horses, riders, spectators or personal property.
- Hard hats to current BSI Standards must be worn at all times when mounted.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter, add to or cancel any Class, and to refuse any entry without stating a reason.
- In the event of cancellation, £2 of the entry will be retained to defray costs.
- No Misuse of the Whip, equipment or Practise fences will be allowed
- Horses/Ponies must be 4yrs old and over
- Horses must not be left unattended whilst tied up to your lorry/trailer.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- Objections must be made within 15 minutes of the offence and must be accompanied by £15, which will be refunded if the objection is sustained.
- Entries online in advance or on the day (with £2 surcharge per entry)
- Please remove all droppings/hay from the lorry park.
- An adult must supervise children at all times.
- All dogs must be kept on the lead.
Entries on the day are subject to availability and will incur a £2 surcharge on the pre-entry fee, please call 01285 821715 to check for spaces on the day before travelling.
In the event of large class numbers then priority will be given to those who have pre-entered and wish to go HC/do another round. We strongly advise that you pre-enter if you want an entry guaranteed.
What if I need to withdraw?
Horse gone lame? Lorry broken? No problem! If you give us enough notice and a valid reason we will refund your entry. On the day refunds will be made at the discretion of the secretary.
Please let us know as soon as possible so someone else may have your entry, for full refunds we need 24h notice and any withdrawals/substitutions ideally need to be before 2pm the day before when entries close.
If you miss your allotted time slot you may be able to jump later in the class. If you arrive too late to ride then unfortunately you will not be eligible for a transfer or refund.
Please note that whilst we aim to run to time, if we get a large number of entries on the day Classes may run late. If you are travelling far please check our Facebook to see how Classes are running or call us before leaving.
Results are uploaded as soon as possible after competition onto our website and Facebook.
All of our Unaffiliated Show Jumping Competitions are qualifiers for our Bourton Vale Unaffiliated Championship, Area 9 Pony Club SJ, Cricklands and Sunshine Tour.