Unaffiliated Eventer’s Challenge
19/03/2023 @ 08:00 – 17:00
Rosettes 1st – 6th with Prizes in kind for 1st – 3rd
The course is made up of SJ & simulated XC fences with an optimum time & no style marks.
Riders will jump a series of show jumps and then proceed immediately into the XC phase which is run at an optimum time of 325-375m/m. Jumping penalties have priority over time faults – so unlike Arena Eventing (JwS), ideally, you need to go clear to win.
The competition will be held in the 80m x 50m Main arena and all classes will be run as single phase with rosettes 1st to 6th pro rata
- Classes may be restricted.
- Pre-entries: £22.00 + Booking Fee
- No entries on the day. Please remember number bibs and body protectors
- Limited entries due to daylight hours
- Online entries online
- Start times will be provided
- This show is also a Sunshine Tour Qualifier
ENTRIES close Monday 13th March @ 4 pm or earlier if full.
Jumping penalties are awarded as follows:
|Knockdown (to include SJ and a few xc fences)||4 penalties|
|1st Refusal||4 penalties|
|2nd Refusal||8 penalties|
|1st Rider Fall||Elimination|
|Horse Fall||Compulsory Retirement|
|Starting before the bell /Retaking an obstacle already jumped/ Error of course||Elimination|
|Where the Optimum Time is 120 seconds or less, for every commenced second in excess of 10 seconds under the optimum time||1 penalty|
|Where the Optimum Time is more than 120 seconds, for every commenced second in excess of 15 seconds under the optimum time||1 penalty|
|Exceeding time limit (3 times the time allowed)||Elimination|
|Speed 325-375 metres/minute. No stopwatches allowed.|
Rules of Entry
- Body protectors are compulsory. Hair must be above collar length, long hair to be kept in place in a hair net. Crash hats, no fixed peak SJ hats. In the event of a tie, the competitor closest to the optimum time will be the winner.
- The organisers & landowners do not accept any liability for damage, accident, injury or illness to horses, riders, spectators or personal property.
- Hard hats to current BSI Standards must be worn at all times when mounted.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter, add to or cancel any class, and to refuse any entry without stating a reason.
- In the event of cancellation, £5 of the entry will be retained to defray costs.
- No misuse of the whip, equipment or practice fences will be allowed.
- Horses/ponies must be 4yrs old and over.
- Horses must not be left unattended whilst tied up to your lorry/trailer.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- Objections must be made within 15 minutes of the offence and must be accompanied by £15, which will be refunded if the objection is sustained.
- Please remove all droppings/hay from the lorry park.
- An adult must supervise children at all times.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times
- Withdrawals made before the closing date will be refunded less a £5 administration fee. Withdrawals made after this time will only be refunded upon receipt of a veterinary certificate or doctor’s note.
- Anyone feeling unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms must not attend
- All venue signs and rules must be obeyed. Non-compliance will result in you being asked to leave
Food & Drink
We have an on-site snack wagon serving food and drinks all day with plenty of space for you to sit and watch the action in our picnic area.
Sunshine Tour Championship 2023
This show is a qualifier for The Sunshine Tour Championships held at The All-England Showground, Hickstead from Thursday 14th – Sunday 17th September 2023.
The Championships are for unaffiliated and amateur competitors in:
- Dressage from Intro to Elementary
- Show Jumping from Lead Rein to 1.05m
- Showing for lead rein, in-hand, ridden, working hunter, veterans, plus many more
- Eventer’s Challenge from 50cm through to 90cm
Qualification: Dressage & Show Jumping 1st – 3rd place; Showing & Eventers Challenge 1st – 4th place. Qualification does not pass down the line.
Visit www.sunshinetour.co.uk for more information, to register and submit evidence of results.
Registration must be completed within 1 month of qualification (sooner for late July shows). Restrictions apply to horse and competitor’s previous winnings and amateur status, please check the website www.sunshinetour.co.uk for Terms & Conditions.